Old 13-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Monroe

Default Hoe query

Thinking of trying out an alternate style of hoe for large area,
shallow ground work. The stirrup hoe and collinear hoe both seem like
they would do the trick. Does anyone have exprience using both of
these hoes? I'd be interested in opinions. Where I live, I have only
saw one poorly-made stirrup hoe for sale. Any purchase would be
limited to mail-order or "big city" trip. I see Lee Valley has a fair
selection.

Thanks
--

Monroe
Old 13-06-2004, 08:03 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
Monroe wrote:

Thinking of trying out an alternate style of hoe for large area,
shallow ground work. The stirrup hoe and collinear hoe both seem like
they would do the trick. Does anyone have exprience using both of
these hoes? I'd be interested in opinions. Where I live, I have only
saw one poorly-made stirrup hoe for sale. Any purchase would be
limited to mail-order or "big city" trip. I see Lee Valley has a fair
selection.

Thanks
--

Monroe

To stirrup hoe and collinear hoe's add a warren hoe. By stirrup you
mean something like a hula hoe? Anyway...keep them all sharp.

Bill

--
Garden in Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Vote for John Kerry.
Old 14-06-2004, 01:02 AM
'enry VIII

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
Monroe wrote:

Thinking of trying out an alternate style of hoe for large area,
shallow ground work. The stirrup hoe and collinear hoe both seem like
they would do the trick. Does anyone have exprience using both of
these hoes? I'd be interested in opinions. Where I live, I have only
saw one poorly-made stirrup hoe for sale. Any purchase would be
limited to mail-order or "big city" trip.

Should fine quite a good selection of "hoe's" on any big city trip! ;-)

'enry VIII

I see Lee Valley has a fair
selection.

Thanks

Old 14-06-2004, 03:02 AM
zxcvbob

Monroe wrote:
Thinking of trying out an alternate style of hoe for large area,
shallow ground work. The stirrup hoe and collinear hoe both seem like
they would do the trick. Does anyone have exprience using both of
these hoes? I'd be interested in opinions. Where I live, I have only
saw one poorly-made stirrup hoe for sale. Any purchase would be
limited to mail-order or "big city" trip. I see Lee Valley has a fair
selection.

Thanks
--

Monroe

Look for an "onion hoe", and keep the sides sharp as well as the bottom
edge.

-Bob

[IMG] code is On

Looking for a Hoe Davoud United Kingdom 1 30-06-2003 03:08 PM
Looking for a Hoe Davoud Gardening 4 30-06-2003 01:44 AM
To hoe or not to hoe...is this a weed or a flower? junkyardcat Gardening 5 13-05-2003 04:20 PM
Hoe with 2" blade? HH Gardening 4 25-03-2003 02:20 AM
Shaef super hoe Mhagen alt.forestry 0 18-12-2002 04:09 AM