Old 16-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Owl ID

I couldn't find a suitable binary group for birds, so I posted 'which
owl?' to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. A friend sent me photos of
owls in her back yard. What a treat!
Old 16-06-2004, 03:06 PM

probably screech. INgrid

Frogleg wrote:

I couldn't find a suitable binary group for birds, so I posted 'which
owl?' to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. A friend sent me photos of
owls in her back yard. What a treat!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 16-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Vox Humana

"Frogleg" wrote in message
I couldn't find a suitable binary group for birds, so I posted 'which
owl?' to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. A friend sent me photos of
owls in her back yard. What a treat!

Your friend can go to www.enature.com and search by zip code for birds in
her area. They do ask for an email address, but a fake one works just fine.

Old 16-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Frogleg wrote in
:

I couldn't find a suitable binary group for birds, so I posted 'which
owl?' to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. A friend sent me photos of
owls in her back yard. What a treat!

Looks like an immature Great Horned Owl to me.

top picture
http://www.owlpages.com/species/bubo...athorned4.html

They've got some other pictures of bubo virginianus, but they don't look
anything like the one in the link. They've got some mp3s of owl noises, if
that helps.
Old 17-06-2004, 08:03 AM
escapee

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:22:36 GMT, Salty Thumb
opined:

Frogleg wrote in
:

I couldn't find a suitable binary group for birds, so I posted 'which
owl?' to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. A friend sent me photos of
owls in her back yard. What a treat!

Looks like an immature Great Horned Owl to me.

top picture
http://www.owlpages.com/species/bubo...athorned4.html

They've got some other pictures of bubo virginianus, but they don't look
anything like the one in the link. They've got some mp3s of owl noises, if
that helps.

We have a Great Horned in our yard. It lives in one of our live oaks. I hear
it every night. It scared the crap out of me one night when I was taking a very
late (2am) hot tub. I couldn't sleep. It swooped down near the pond silently,
which is right next to the hot tub and we both freaked out! At first, I thought
it was a bat, but there is no mistaking this huge specimen of perfection.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

Old 17-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Frogleg

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 14:31:35 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote in message
.. .
I couldn't find a suitable binary group for birds, so I posted 'which
owl?' to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. A friend sent me photos of
owls in her back yard. What a treat!

Your friend can go to www.enature.com and search by zip code for birds in
her area. They do ask for an email address, but a fake one works just fine.

I'll send her there. It's a great site. I've used it many times to ID
local plants & birds.

[IMG] code is On

FA: great horned owl bird and pest control lampbay Gardening 0 06-12-2006 02:18 AM
Owl surprise! Sacha United Kingdom 46 25-11-2005 09:16 PM
motion-detecting owl? Captain Feedback Edible Gardening 1 28-05-2005 05:39 PM
ATawny Owl Brian United Kingdom 5 20-05-2005 12:30 PM
Owl watching [email protected] North Carolina 12 16-06-2003 06:06 PM