Old 02-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Ross

Default When Weed Killer Doesn't

John Bachman wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:49:39 -0500, "Romy Beeck"
wrote:

" The best way I found out to get rid of weeds is buy roundup that you
have to mix with water and put in your own sprayer. But I mix it stronger
than it calls for and you will get rid of your weekds very quickly.

But not all weeds can be killed with roundup. I use it regularly but
one weed (a pesky, climbing vine thing) seems to be impervious to it.

John

Me too. It's a five leafed vine called "Virginia Creeper". Roundup
won't phase it, nor will Brush-B-Gon (2,4,d). I am also plagued with
nut grass (nutshedge) that neither one will phase. I noticed Wal Mart
started carrying a product called "Image" that is supposed to kill it,
but it costs $20/pt. Has anyone tried it yet?

Bob S.

I think that using elbow grease and a shovel/spade/fork will, in time,
eradicate any weed without any undue side affects to the environment.
Elbow grease...the sustainable lubricant and the shovel/spade/fork builds
muscle...yikes! Look dear!!!
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada

Its not just the environment people-its your drinking water.
The food you eat.

That weed killer is killing more than weeds.

Old 15-07-2004, 08:02 PM
The Watcher

wrote:

[...]

I have to laugh at the latest Roundup ads, about their ability to kill the weeds
the FASTEST. Maybe somebody else should do an ad with two guys standing out
there in High Noon positions, facing each other with spray bottles. One guy
could spray his weed with Roundup and the other guy could spray his weed with
Plutonium. The guy using the Plutonium could be showing all the symptoms of
radiation sickness, and you could watch his weed wither and die in seconds.
Now THAT would be a weed killer that would earn some respect. None of this
waiting for 24 hours crap.