Old 25-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Martin Harran

Default Clover Problem

I have a speading Juiper (about 4' diameter at this stage) which has a lot
of clover growing up through it.

I can't get at the roots of the clover, is there anything I can spray to
kill it without damaging the Juniper?

Old 25-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Emrys Davies

'Martin',

Verdone Extra will kill white clover very effectively but, of course,
you will need to make sure that it does not waft onto your conifer.

This site shows you Verdone Extra for spot treatment and also for
application via a watering can.

http://www.capitalgardens.co.uk/acat...Lawn_Food.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 26-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Phisherman

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:47:52 +0100, "Martin Harran"
wrote:

I have a speading Juiper (about 4' diameter at this stage) which has a lot
of clover growing up through it.

I can't get at the roots of the clover, is there anything I can spray to
kill it without damaging the Juniper?

I have the same problem. I found that hand weeding after a soaking
rain works best. I made a plastic shield from a 1-gallon plastic jug
to use RoundUp (feed the clover through the hole), but the hand
weeding is easier. My blue rug juniper is well established, and I
still need to weed it from time to time.