Old 30-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Captain Infinity

Default Tiger lilies?

Are these Tiger Lilies, at the bottom of the page?
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/2004-06-29.htm

They don't have spots so maybe they're some other kind of lily?

**
Captain Infinity
Old 30-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Bill R

Captain Infinity wrote:
Are these Tiger Lilies, at the bottom of the page?
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/2004-06-29.htm

They don't have spots so maybe they're some other kind of lily?

**
Captain Infinity

They look like common Day Lilies to me. A lot of people in
my area refer to them as "ditch Lilies" because they seem to
grow everywhere, especially along the sides of country roads.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850

For pictures of my garden flowers visit
http://members.iglou.com/brosen

Old 30-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/30/04 11:40 AM, in article , "Bill R"
wrote:

Captain Infinity wrote:
Are these Tiger Lilies, at the bottom of the page?
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/2004-06-29.htm

They don't have spots so maybe they're some other kind of lily?

**
Captain Infinity

They look like common Day Lilies to me. A lot of people in
my area refer to them as "ditch Lilies" because they seem to
grow everywhere, especially along the sides of country roads.

That's H. fulva!
Cheryl

Old 30-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Vox Humana

"Captain Infinity" wrote in message
Are these Tiger Lilies, at the bottom of the page?
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/2004-06-29.htm

They don't have spots so maybe they're some other kind of lily?

They look like the common daylily or ditch lily to me. I have lots of them.
They multiply rapidly if you divide them.

Old 30-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Blues Ma

Captain Infinity wrote:

Are these Tiger Lilies, at the bottom of the page?
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/2004-06-29.htm

They don't have spots so maybe they're some other kind of lily?

**
Captain Infinity

The Tiger Lilies / ditch lilies here in Illinois are orange, with black
spots
and sometimes a yellow midline.* Three to four feet tall.
Those look a bit fancier.*** Cultivated variety.
*
*

Old 30-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Cereus-validus

Nope.

Hemerocallis, so-called "Daylilies", not true lilies at all.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Frogleg

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:40:19 -0400, Bill R
wrote:

Captain Infinity wrote:
Are these Tiger Lilies, at the bottom of the page?
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/garden/2004-06-29.htm

They don't have spots so maybe they're some other kind of lily?

They look like common Day Lilies to me. A lot of people in
my area refer to them as "ditch Lilies" because they seem to
grow everywhere, especially along the sides of country roads.

They are daylilies (Hemerocallis), but not the "common" orange ditch
type -- more likely one of the 50,000 named varieties. Very pretty.

[IMG] code is On

Lilies: - Lilies-Stargazer-CU.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 2 26-12-2008 10:44 PM
tiger lilies birdieb Gardening 8 23-12-2005 11:19 AM
PEACE LILIES WITH NO LILIES MARTY United Kingdom 1 08-12-2005 03:09 PM
transplanting Tiger Lilies Ben Tuinman Gardening 2 03-08-2004 12:18 AM
Pruning Tiger Lilies and Hydrangea? John Gardening 4 27-10-2003 04:22 PM