Old 22-12-2005, 09:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
birdieb

Default tiger lilies

I am a newbie that just bought herself 2 bags of 20 tiger lily bulbs.
They are starting to sprout but have difficulties. What kind of soil
and fertilizer would liger lilies love?

Thank you very much,
Alexandra C

Old 22-12-2005, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony B

Alexandrea, tiger Lillies are not fussy about fertilizers or soil
conditions, so long as they are not placed in ground that is waterlogged a
great deal of the time.
If you wish to fertilize I recomend Bonemeal added to the bottom of the hole
at time of planting,

Anthony B.
Ky. Nursery & Landscape Association
Certified Nurseryman

oups.com...

Old 22-12-2005, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

"birdieb" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am a newbie that just bought herself 2 bags of 20 tiger lily bulbs.
They are starting to sprout but have difficulties. What kind of soil
and fertilizer would liger lilies love?

Maybe I missed something. You have asked this question at least twice and
got answers. I believe that you sent me email which I answered. The
troubling part is that on December 9th. you wrote: " received this summer
some beautiful Tiger Lilies. They are my first
lilies and I don't know how to care for them very well." You also wrote:
"My plants (lilies - intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying slowly
and I don't know why. The leaves start to show yellow "

Now you say that you just bought some "bulbs" and don't know how to care for
them and that they are just sprouting. Which is it?

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q....com&lr=&as_dr
rb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny=1981&as_m axd=22&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=
2005&safe=off

Old 22-12-2005, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
birdieb

Well, after that I felt better with all the advice and went out and
bought a different colour. I am sorry if you feel I have asked the same
questions. I wanted some more opinions on this. It will be my first
garden (when we finally manage to settle down) and I wanted it to be
perfect.
Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas!

Old 22-12-2005, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Vox Humana" contains these words:

oups.com...

wrote:
"My plants (lilies - intense orange with tiny brown specks) are dying

slowly
and I don't know why. The leaves start to show yellow "

Now you say that you just bought some "bulbs" and don't know how to care

for
them and that they are just sprouting. Which is it?

Over in uk.rec.gardening, last week Birdieb was asking daft questions
about the 6ft wind-break hedge she needs to plant in her garden. This
week, birdieb is asking urg (again and again) about irises and says she
lives in an apartment without a garden. Other gardening groups are
being asked the same questions as rec/g and urg.

Yes, I picked-up on that. He/she must be counting on people having short
memories or didn't realize that Google archives newsgroup messages.

Old 22-12-2005, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cereus-validus-...........

Default tiger lilies again!!!!

Maybe birdiebrain is suffering from early stages of oldtimers disease?

On the other hand,

Maybe birdiebrain is suffering from early stages of oldtimers disease?

On the other hand,

Maybe birdiebrain is suffering from early stages of oldtimers disease?

NARF!

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Vox Humana" contains these words:

oups.com...

Old 22-12-2005, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..

Yes, I picked-up on that. He/she must be counting on people having
short
memories or didn't realize that Google archives newsgroup messages.

http://groups-beta.google.com/advanced_search
You can plug in any combination of information on the newsgroup search
page and get something related to it back to 1981 when their
predecessor started archiving all newsgroup post.

Tom J

Old 23-12-2005, 11:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
andreeac

Thank you Janet. Warmest wishes to you too!