Old 04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Curly Sue

Default Weeping willow dropping yellow leaves

My willow (New York area) did not leaf out as much as it has in
previous years and is dropping a lot of yellow leaves.

Does anyone recognize what sort of stress might be causing this?

TIA.

Sue(tm)
Old 04-07-2004, 09:02 PM
David J Bockman

Hi Sue,

Most if not all Salix are disease prone and are easily stressed. It would be
imposssible to diagnose the specific malady based upon the symptoms you
gave.

Dave

Old 05-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Curly Sue

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:21:45 GMT, "David J Bockman"
wrote:

Hi Sue,

Most if not all Salix are disease prone and are easily stressed. It would be
imposssible to diagnose the specific malady based upon the symptoms you
gave.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I have a call in to the arborist; I'll see what he says
after the holiday.

Old 06-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Mike LaMana

Ah, urban forestry. Check for willow leaf beetle (a chrysomelid)...small,
gunmetal blue guys. Most often the culprit, and this is the right time of
the year for insects on these trees in our area.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC