Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
jim evans

Default Another Damn Honesuckle Sickness

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

jim
Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Dewitt

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:42:12 -0500, jim evans
wrote:

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

With as much rain as Houston has had in the past month, I wonder if it
isn't a case of too much water.

deg

Old 07-07-2004, 07:02 PM
jim evans

wrote:

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

With as much rain as Houston has had in the past month, I wonder if it
isn't a case of too much water.

I guess that's possible. We've certainly had monsoons for weeks on
end. This guy is planted on the edge of an area that stands in water
after a rain. It's located on higher ground. It never sits in water,
but the ground near it stays saturated for several hours after a rain.
This means recently it has been almost constantly saturated.

Does too much water have this effect?

jim
Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Dewitt

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:54:32 -0500, jim evans
wrote:

I guess that's possible. We've certainly had monsoons for weeks on
end. This guy is planted on the edge of an area that stands in water
after a rain. It's located on higher ground. It never sits in water,
but the ground near it stays saturated for several hours after a rain.
This means recently it has been almost constantly saturated.

Does too much water have this effect?

Don't really know, but http://www.floridata.com/ref/t/teco_cap.cfm
says that it needs good drainage.

deg
Old 08-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Travis

jim evans wrote:

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

jim

Those leaves don't look anything like the leaves on my honeysuckle.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Tyler Hopper

"Travis" wrote in message
jim evans wrote:

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

jim

Those leaves don't look anything like the leaves on my honeysuckle.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

I believe it is cape honeysuckle.

http://www.calflora.net/bloomingplan...neysuckle.html

Tyler

Old 09-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Darren Garrison

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:42:12 -0500, jim evans wrote:

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

jim

If it kills Japanese Honeysuckle send it over here.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Christopher Green

wrote:

Another Damn Honeysuckle Sickness -- Can Someone Help?

Go here http://home.houston.rr.com/evanshome...kle_malady.htm

With as much rain as Houston has had in the past month, I wonder if it
isn't a case of too much water.

deg

Not unlikely. Your picture shows a Cape honeysuckle (not a honeysuckle
but a trumpet vine), and it does not much enjoy wet feet.

--
Chris Green