Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Skyhooks

Default cateloupes not thriving ? :(

When I planted canteloupes last year, I thought I had a chance. No go.
The young canteloupe plantings sucumbed to some sort of disease (?). So
last year, I figured it was a fluke. But this year, it's happened again
(ARGH!).

My canteloupes just haven't thrived, and I don't know why The
cucumbers have grown like bacteria in ideal nutrients.

However, my canteloupes have some sort of silvery dust (fungus?)
covering the leaves, as one can perhaps see via the pics I included at
(http://www.picturetrail.com/skyhooks - & select garden). At this
point, I know the canteloupes are toast and will not bear (dang it).
This is the very same situation occurred with the canteloupes last year
about this same time of year. I just hoped this year would be
different. But NO! What have I not done correctly? For that matter,
what did I do that was incorrect?

In other words, how can I grow canteloupes here in C-U???? TIA. My
cukes grow like weeds!

Skyhooks
hmardis "aht" uiuc "dought" edu

reply-to address munged - read line above.

[IMG] code is On

Iris not thriving Jeff Gardening 6 24-05-2006 06:19 AM
Boston Ivy - not thriving anymore Rick United Kingdom 0 19-05-2004 07:04 PM
Rhubarb not thriving Kayla Gardening 8 17-05-2004 02:02 PM
planted this Spring - plums thriving, apples pitiful Lyne Gardening 5 17-08-2003 12:02 PM