Old 08-07-2004, 08:02 PM
pantuvarali

Default America choosen by God!!- a gardner's perspective????

Let us agree, for just now, that America is chosen by GOD to spread
democracy-
So- if you are a gardener- how would you spread something?

First we either have to buy the seed, or cuttings or the plant itself. So we
must first find these in the USA. Do we have democracy? Are we enhancing
democracy in our own country? Are we strengthening Democracy at home? Have
we "weeded" out all the 'non-democratic' species in our backyard? Have we
mulched the democratic beds to prevent weeds to die off and allow democracy
to grow? Overall - yes- we do a good job at home to keep democracy and
nurture it. We can, however do better.

Second we must dig out the rest of the world, use "soil enhancements",
prepare the ground and start doing the planting. This we can do only if the
"world" allows us and invites us? Can you dig and plant in the neighbor's
garden without his invitation, willingness and cooperation?

Thirdly, we have to be reasonable as to when and where we can grow a plant.
Somethings cant just be done. We have screwed up big time here. Going to
Iraq and trying to make them a democratic country is an impossible task.
there has never been a democratic Islamic country. Attempting the
impossible, although heroic, can have disastrous consequences and lead to
failure.

Fourth, we must care for the garden on a daily basis. So- are we doing this
where we "DID SPREAD" democracy in the world in the past?

Fifth, we must fight the weeds all over. I am not sure we do this. How can
we even talk about democracy when we befriend Pakistan (a dictatorship) and
be cross with INDIA (a democracy)? How can we be great friends with CHINA
(totally communist country) and not with Russia (recent democracy and
suffering badly)?

Wish our leaders were true gardeners!

"DavesVideo" wrote in message
somoeone on the radio a while ago saying that America had
been choosen by God

THe thing he actually believed it!

THe thing you actually think this information belongs in rec.gardens?

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave