Old 09-07-2004, 04:02 AM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default Regarding Lawn Care

FamilyNet Newsgate

ACLast fall we paid some one to replace our lawn. Most of our lawn looks
ACgood but lot of areas the lawn is not thick. This is causing some
ACweeds to prop up in the lawn. I am trying to figure out a way to
ACthinken my lawn
ACOne of the reason for thin lawn i am thinking is the ground level.
ACWhere ever the lawn is thin, i am assuming the ground is not leveled
ACso the grass is not spreading properly.
ACI was just wondering whether i can put some top soil and rake it to
AClevel the ground.
ACDoes any one has any suggestions about making my lawn think?
ACI live near cleveland, OH area. When the landscaper put the lawn he
ACused Kentucky Blue grass and he said he used 50%-50% mix. I am not
ACsure what exactly that mix is!!

Thinly rooted lawns generally require more watering (after sunset helps)
than more robustly rooted lawns. Our new neighbor inherited a similar
difficulty you have discribed. He bought some hay from the garden
center and spread it over the sparce areas after pulling the weeds.
It appears to be working.

Ciao, Ack

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance..

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org