Old 14-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Jim Carlock

Default Safer-Soap (TM)

Has anyone used Safer-Soap (TM) ? If so, does anyone know
if it will get rid of Cabbage Worms ? I'm currently making some
spray made of the following:

3 large onions
1 garlic clove
1 jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
about a teaspoon or tablespoon of corn oil

The link that describes this is at:
http://dede.essortment.com/whiteflies_rvll.htm

Does anyone have any comments or recommendations ?

--
Jim Carlock
Freedom is a responsibility. Protect it.

Old 17-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Jim Carlock

The stuff below seems to get rid of the silverleaf whiteflies but
I had to put more cayenne pepper in it as well as another
tablespoon or two of corn oil. Two or three tablespoons of
ground cayenne pepper seems to do the trick.

It doesn't stop cabbage worms though. Need another fix for
the cabbage worms. I've been plucking them off every morning.
They seem to come from something that flies around at night.
Moths ? g

--
Jim Carlock

Old 17-07-2004, 10:02 PM

In article ,
Jim Carlock wrote:

It doesn't stop cabbage worms though. Need another fix for
the cabbage worms. I've been plucking them off every morning.

Have you tried BT?

Old 27-07-2004, 03:04 AM

In article ,
Jim Carlock wrote:

It doesn't stop cabbage worms though. Need another fix for
the cabbage worms. I've been plucking them off every morning.

Have you tried BT?

[IMG] code is On

Safer's BTK question. Ross@home Edible Gardening 2 28-05-2020 09:44 PM
Nicotine for pests... but electronic cigarette safer vipcig Edible Gardening 0 21-10-2009 12:23 PM
Safer Spraying Tom Line Roses 2 14-06-2004 05:08 AM
GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOODS SAFER THAN ORGANIC David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 16-09-2003 03:20 AM
Gardeners Soap ! elizabeth bridge United Kingdom 0 10-01-2003 01:35 AM