Old 17-07-2004, 07:02 PM
woozyopium69

Default When is it best to pull up those good old spuds?

My question may be rather simple but I have had a hard time finding the
answer. I planted some potato seeds in the begining of may and I have no
idea when to dig them up. Please help as this is my first year of growing
and those damn slugs have already eaten my lovely green lettuces, every
pick of them. Thanx

Old 18-07-2004, 12:02 AM
madgardener

when the green growing tops are dead and brown...................
madgardener whose own potatos grow from her compost pile g

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
lkaboutgardening.com...

Old 18-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Jacqueline

What if you want new potatoes? Do you still wait until the tops are dying?

--
Jacqueline, whose potatoes are volunteers in the compost
Carmichaels PA