Old 18-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Greg Miller

Default Getting under the rootball (transplanting my shrubs)

I'm transplanting a barberry and some rose bushes from one side of my
garden to the other. So far I've gone down a shovel-width about 3 feet
down. But I can't figure out a good way to get under the column I've
created to get the thing out!

I tried plunging the shovel underneath but it's a bad angle since the
trench is a foot wide.
Old 20-07-2004, 03:02 AM
gregpresley

I'm not sure exactly what you're describing, but some people slide burlap or
heavy visqueen under the root ball to keep it intact while they move it.
(Often a 2 -person job)

Old 27-07-2004, 05:22 AM
gregpresley

I'm not sure exactly what you're describing, but some people slide burlap or
heavy visqueen under the root ball to keep it intact while they move it.
(Often a 2 -person job)

[IMG] code is On

Down Under getting a new meaning Note the scale Bill who putters Edible Gardening 3 14-01-2011 01:39 PM
arborvitae rootball cj Gardening 1 04-09-2010 03:26 PM
Getting Grass to Grow Under a Tree Terry Gwazdosky Gardening 2 02-09-2004 04:14 PM
Apple tree getting white patches under the leaves? Some One Gardening 14 13-07-2003 01:08 AM
Transplanting Roses TCrevison Roses 1 02-02-2003 05:59 AM