Old 20-07-2004, 03:03 PM
jojo

Default peach tree help!

Hi,

I have noticed some problems with my peach trees and need help diagnosing
them. (I am in Austin, Texas)
I just recently moved into this house and do not have any prior experience
with peach trees.

Peach tree #1: This tree has spotted leaves on the south side only.
http://photos.yahoo.com/cgv_2000
It also has 2 tiny blooms...wonder why? Very bright and deep pink.

Peach Tree #2: This tree has withering bunches of leaves in various places.
http://photos.yahoo.com/cgv_2000

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
jojo
(p.s. the for sale items are still for sale)

Old 20-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Iris Cohen

I have noticed some problems with my peach trees and need help diagnosing
them. (I am in Austin, Texas)
I just recently moved into this house and do not have any prior experience with
peach trees.

The leaf spotting is probably a fungus. You need to contact your local
extension agent, because the right spray and timing differ in various parts of
the country.
The other trees seem to be suffering from malnutrition & lack of water,
probably exacerbated by the heat. Make sure your trees are well fed & well
watered and you will be more successful.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 21-07-2004, 08:02 AM
sherwindu

I go along with the analysis on the first tree. On the second tree, it is
suspicious that
the problem is not equally distributed to all the branches. Examine the branches
connected to the distressed leaves and look for small hemispherical holes and
possibly some sawdust around them. That would indicate borers. There are various
chemical ways to fight them, but first determine what exactly is the problem.

Sherwin Dubren