Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Tom Randy

Default Virus Warning

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:58:39 -0400, Bill R wrote:

madgardener wrote:
we need to get these people into gardening on a grand scale. They have
waaaaay too much time on their hands!

I don't think "those type" of people are into gardening.

Here is what is going on: the file contains a "backdoor"
trojan that, once installed on a computer (and all you have
to do is click on the link for it to be installed), allows
them to use (control) that computer to send spam mail to
thousands of people daily. It also can be used to make a
person's computer "a pornography file server" or other such
device (it has been reported that terrorist use it to send
messages back and forth but I haven't seen any proof of that).

A very good (free) program that you can use to make sure
that none of these type of programs are installed on your
computer is Ad-Aware 6.0 and is available from the Lavasoft
web site, http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Be sure to keep it updated and scan your computer at least
once a week.

If you use Internet Explorer you better scan every day or 2 at the
very least.

[IMG] code is On

Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash! goldtech Gardening 10 12-04-2013 01:16 PM
Virus Warning TOM KAN PA Gardening 0 24-07-2004 08:05 PM
Virus Warning Ray Orchids 0 05-08-2003 04:19 AM
West Nile Virus and mosquitoes. Don Gardening 11 31-05-2003 10:56 AM
Tomato wilt/virus??? Ian Mitchell Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:33 AM