Old 27-07-2004, 05:25 AM
Zemedelec

Default Coffee grounds--upon what?

Thank you all for your input--especially the info about the maggots. Yes, it
is indeed maggot weather. I'll never forget living in Beirut before the civil
war damaged that lovely Levantine city and finding my steak, left in a sort of
pie safe, had "grown" maggots overnight. Ugh. The next month (I was living on
a tiny local reporters' salary) I found a second hand mini fridge.
zemedelec
Old 27-07-2004, 05:32 AM
Cat

In article ,
Zemedelec wrote:
The local Starbucks has taken to packaging its used coffee grounds in 5-pound,
waterproof bags and leaving a barrel full of them by the door "for our
customers' gardens". I love freebies, so midway through garaging I grabbed a
bag and took it home with my garage/estate sale finds. Now what? Do I dump it
around plants as it is or do I need to start a compost heap (in this 100+, 98
percent humidity weather the thought makes me cringe.)

I gather that it's a good slug barrier - and apparently cats dislike it.

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."

[IMG] code is On

coffee grounds from cold press coffee user Roses 4 01-05-2004 04:03 PM
NPK of Coffee Grounds Ryunen Gardening 1 01-03-2003 05:27 AM
[IBC] Fw: Coffee grounds Jim Lewis Bonsai 2 22-02-2003 04:27 PM
Coffee grounds Theo Bonsai 0 22-02-2003 08:15 AM