Old 27-07-2004, 05:35 AM
Wishy13764

Default Ivy geranium seeds

I got this plant at Loews recently, and all in bloom. As the bloom fades, there
seems to be pods of seeds on a few of the stems that had blooms. I picked them
off, and wonder, does anyone know how to plant them? Do i wait a certain period
or just flop them into soil, as one does with marigold seeds?
Old 29-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

(Wishy13764) in
:

I got this plant at Loews recently, and all in bloom. As the bloom
fades, there seems to be pods of seeds on a few of the stems that had
blooms. I picked them off, and wonder, does anyone know how to plant
them? Do i wait a certain period or just flop them into soil, as one
does with marigold seeds?

they should look like these:
http://public.fotki.com/plumo/pelarg..._triste_1.html

and teh woody part should feel solid.

i've never noticed seed mature on ivy geraniums. (Pelargonium peltatum)
but the common Pelargonium x hortorum (hope that's tth current bot name!) sprouts easily from seed tossed into regular potting
mix.

Old 29-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

(Wishy13764) in
:

I got this plant at Loews recently, and all in bloom. As the bloom
fades, there seems to be pods of seeds on a few of the stems that had
blooms. I picked them off, and wonder, does anyone know how to plant
them? Do i wait a certain period or just flop them into soil, as one
does with marigold seeds?

they should look like these:
http://public.fotki.com/plumo/pelarg..._triste_1.html

and teh woody part should feel solid.

i've never noticed seed mature on ivy geraniums. (Pelargonium peltatum)
but the common Pelargonium x hortorum (hope that's tth current bot name!) sprouts easily from seed tossed into regular potting
mix.

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Red Geranium Seeds John Vanini Edible Gardening 6 23-07-2007 08:07 PM
Red Geranium seeds John Vanini United Kingdom 16 23-07-2007 12:17 PM
Staring Hanging Ivy Geranium Baskets [email protected] Gardening 2 31-03-2005 02:59 AM