Old 28-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Jackie Kuscher

Default Deer Replenant for Lillies

I live on the sourthern coast of Maine and have an awful time with the
deer here. We have done fine over the years now with everything being
deer proof -- for us at least as deer in different areas will eat
different things.

At any rate, a friend of mine gave me this recipe and I used it on our
day lillies, and it worked !

Thought I'd just put it in here if someone else would like to try it.

Mix 1 egg with 1/2 cup milk.
Then add 1 tbs cooking oil and 1 tbs of dish detergent
Then add to 1 gallon of water.
Stir

Put into spray bottles and spray the lillies every two weeks.

If it rains, do it again.

You do not need to store the leftover in a fridge - we have ours on
our back porch in a big plastic container that once had pretzels from
BJ's.

They were coming each night and having such a nice little treat till I
did this - now they leave them alone.

Hope this will work for any of you out there like it has so far for
me.

Jackie
(to e-mail take the "x" off jackie)