Old 14-06-2003, 11:56 PM
*muffin*

Default have hardy lillies for trade or postage???

I have a ton of hardy lilies in my farm pond. I want to clear out the middle
section , so I can put in a Victoria.

I'd hate to just toss 'em on the ground.. sooooooo
wanted to know if anyone wants pieces parts , for trade of other water
plants, or for postage.
I'd also need to know just HOW do I wrap these up to ship??

they are pink hardy kind ( no idea the name) 8" leaves & flowers
already..... can these even be safely packaged without ruining it?

please let me know, as hubby will be doing the backhoe work on it, & I have
to rescue them before they get smooshed..... I'll toss several in a tub, .

out local plant place USED to take them in trade,(20 yrs ago),,, but no one
there has heard of that in over 6 yrs.

Old 15-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Lori

I'd hate to just toss 'em on the ground.. sooooooo
wanted to know if anyone wants pieces parts , for trade of other water
plants, or for postage.

I would pay postage for one tuber/corm.

I'd also need to know just HOW do I wrap these up to ship??

Best to wrap in wet paper towels or wet newspaper, like a burrito, and
put in a zip lock baggy, before putting in a box. Punch a few needle
holes in the baggy....

they are pink hardy kind ( no idea the name) 8" leaves & flowers
already..... can these even be safely packaged without ruining it?

Yes.

Best to also ship overnight or 2 day air....

Old 15-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Lori

problem with postage is..........
you can't figure out how much it is till you take it to post office!!!
(especially something that needs to be mailed right away)

You weight the box after it's packed and use the zip code it is going
to, at this site: http://postcalc.usps.gov/

sooooooo
I guess whoever wants one,, I will *trust* to repay me,,,,OR I am good at
sending bad vibes to your ponds(VBG)

Yeah, gotta trust some of 'em.

paypal would also work.

Is the following your paypal address too? After you weight the
readt-to-go box, and let me know the cost, I will use paypal.

I'll try to see what I can salvage tomorrow,,,,,,, I know when I did some a
few weeks ago,, it was all that yucckkkyy smelly clay I had to try to wash
off... eeewwww

Yeah, best to get the clay off. If you have to cut the leaves and
flowers off, that's okay, the root will still grow and pproduce new
ones. Actually, saves money to cut everything off....
Old 15-06-2003, 02:56 AM
jammer

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:54:17 -0400, "*muffin*"
wrote:

I guess whoever wants one,, I will *trust* to repay me,,,,OR I am good at
sending bad vibes to your ponds(VBG)

Yes well, 1 person out of this group never paid me and i trusted them.
No more.

Only trust them if you can afford even the smallest amount of money
lost.

Old 15-06-2003, 06:46 PM
*muffin*

for those of you who wrote.
the lilies can be seen on the
http://community.webshots.com/album/74707665onrGAN
pic labled "farm pond"

I am ordering boxes from the usps, so when they show up I'll have hubby dig
them out...
not too sure what will survive (g) ( as long as he doesn't drop them upside
down!) but as you can see there are a LOT. this has been growing wild for 20
years.

I'll get back to you all,,,,,

Old 15-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Lori

for those of you who wrote.
the lilies can be seen on the
http://community.webshots.com/album/74707665onrGAN
pic labled "farm pond"

Ohh I can hardly wait!

Old 15-06-2003, 09:08 PM
LRobi31070

Is it too late to request a lily? I was just saying this morning that I want
some pink lilies because mine are yellow! And I will pay you your money, I
promise. Just let me know how much i owe you . If you have any left, email me
and I will send you my address. Thanks, Lou Ann
Old 15-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Jo Bohannon-Grant MD

Send them USPS Priority Mail, $3.85/ 1 lb box.
1 lb tuber should be plenty.
Free boxes for this size at post office.
jo
Old 15-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Lori

Send them USPS Priority Mail, $3.85/ 1 lb box.
1 lb tuber should be plenty.
Free boxes for this size at post office.

Yeah, Muffin, that's a good idea....

Old 15-06-2003, 11:08 PM
*muffin*

heck no, not too late,
it will be a few days till they get dug out ( I didn't know hubby had to
WORK today,,,,,he had to drive 2 states away..)

as I get boxes I'll mail out..

btw, please send private email,, sometimes the yahoo groups BOUNCE messages
to me.

Old 15-06-2003, 11:08 PM
*muffin*

the post office only has the flat'ish' rectangles.
I Ordered square boxes from the website, but they say 10 days!!

if I find other boxes I'll send them off.

( stores around here BURN them as fast as they empty 'em,, they don't save
them for you either)

(1 lb,,, lol,, OK guess i should plan on cutting off SMALL hunks,,,,last
one I transplanted had to weigh 5 lbs! well that was with all the muck,,
etc......)

Old 15-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Scott Teetsel

Liquor stores are a great source for boxes too. They are sturdy and not too
large. You might want to try that.

Scott

Old 16-06-2003, 12:32 AM
LRobi31070

I have received plants in wet papertowels, sandwich baggie, and then in an
envelope. They did just fine, but I guess it depends on the size of the plant.
Lou Ann

Snapper HZT21480BV For Trade or Trade [email protected] Lawns 1 28-05-2006 11:52 AM
Snapper HZT21480BV For Trade or Trade [email protected] Gardening 0 27-05-2006 10:27 PM
RP: Mail order merchants? And possible lily trade trade. Gary Woods Ponds 0 13-03-2005 09:41 PM
Have for trade GrlIntrpted Orchids 4 27-09-2003 02:42 AM
Lillies, Hardy vs Tropical Lynn Strickland Ponds 1 12-09-2003 02:07 AM