Old 14-08-2004, 10:24 PM
an eclectic garden

Default Basil problem

I am trying to discover what happened to my basil. The plants were
about six inches tall when I set them out. I pinched them back before
planting. The new leaves were forming at the base of the old leaves
and then all new growth vanished. I put out 40 plants the new growth
disappeared from all but one. They have since recovered but I am
searching to find what could be so voracious that it could devour all
of those tiny new leaves. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Sally
http://www.aneclecticgarden.com
Old 16-08-2004, 04:48 PM
dps

an eclectic garden wrote:
I am trying to discover what happened to my basil. The plants were
about six inches tall when I set them out. I pinched them back before
planting. The new leaves were forming at the base of the old leaves
and then all new growth vanished. I put out 40 plants the new growth
disappeared from all but one. They have since recovered but I am
searching to find what could be so voracious that it could devour all
of those tiny new leaves. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Japanese beetles are fairly voracious when it comes to anything tasty.

[IMG] code is On

Basil Problem Milesy Edible Gardening 3 09-05-2008 02:57 PM
new thread for basil problem an eclectic garden Gardening 1 15-08-2004 04:33 AM
Basil problem HELP! George Orwell Gardening 8 25-05-2004 07:04 PM
Letting Basil Go To Seed (was: Keeping Basil) Daniel B. Martin North Carolina 1 13-11-2003 01:14 PM
hydroponic basil speeder Gardening 1 27-01-2003 07:08 PM