Old 31-08-2004, 11:26 PM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default Woolly Adelgid Problem Qu

FamilyNet Newsgate

ROHello:

ROLive in New England, outside of Boston

ROHave a question about Woolly Adelgid bugs and Hemlocks:

ROHave a massive Hemlock in backyard that, for the first time I think, is
ROshowing
ROseveral "leaves" on various branches which have turned an orange color.

ROLooking at them closely, I can find no evidence of white spots, white sacks,
ROetc.
ROon either the tops or bottoms.

ROCan anyone explain what might be happening ?

I can't Bob, but probably the folks in the Commwealth of Mass
Agricultual Dept. can. Its been awhile since I have had to
seek their assistance but I think the Waltham Field Station
is probably still on Beaver Street, Watham, Ma. If you aren't
familar with it, you can reach it by going northly on Beaver
Street (less than 500'probably) from State Route 60 (which
starts off of Route 20 in Waltham)

I would be inclined to take a small branch that had regular
leaves, as well as some suspected leaves for their observation.

Ciao, Ack.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Remember to vote early (and often 8-) James M. Curley

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org

[IMG] code is On

Help! Hemlock Wooley Adelgid ctlady Gardening 17 26-06-2008 03:15 PM
hemlock woolly adelgid - Pesticides and/or Asian Lady Beetles Ivanna Pee Gardening 1 27-06-2007 01:01 AM
Wooly Adelgid Sam Hurlbut Bonsai 0 07-05-2006 01:55 AM
Woolly Adelgid Problem Question ? Robert11 Gardening 9 03-09-2004 07:04 PM
Woolly Adelgid Problem Quest. ? (live outside of Boston) Robert11 Gardening 4 20-06-2004 11:05 PM