Old 07-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Baba Diabate

Default recommendations for houseplants - direct sunlight

Hello, I have a sunroom that gets a lot of direct and indirect
sunlight during the day. I already have a number of large plants
which have been growing extremely well. But I would like some more
tropical plants which like a lot of sun.

Thanks,
Old 07-09-2004, 06:26 PM
John T. Jarrett

Ficus trees...

John
Houston - Where I grow them on the back porch in direct sunlight for
half the day or more

om...

Old 07-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Doug Kanter

Find yourself a ponytail plant. Loves sun, very pretty, puts up with
sporadic watering in case you sometimes forget. I've had mine for 25 years.
Great plant. I'd give you the Latin name, but I just moved and my plant
books haven't escaped from their U-Haul boxes yet.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Cereus-validus

Beaucarnea recurvata.

Why waste space on overly large plants when you can have several smaller
ones of all kinds of shapes and sizes?

In the location you describe, you can grow almost anything that does well
indoors. Both foliage and flowering plants!!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Doug Kanter

The ponytail plant is vertically large, but horizontally slim, at least when
compared to SOME other houseplants. Fits into skinny spaces.

. ..