Old 20-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Gerry McKenzie

Default A bit OT - pergolas& Pergolas Direct

Hi Lynda
Hope I dont get bombed out by the protector of the group for replying,
I will quote you for the Pergola you require, We make Pergolos all
sizes and send them all over the UK and the rest of the EEC.
I was well and truly slammed last year for offering our services to
the group just when we set up in business, well readers may be
interested to know that Pergolas Direct Co.UK not only survived the
comments but built a very healthy business from it with hundreds of
satisfied customers.
Please send me your actual requirements and I will reply with a price,
have a look at the site www.pergolasdirect.co.uk

Hope to here from you soon
Gerry McKenzie

Old 21-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Warwick

In article ,
says...
Hi Lynda
Hope I dont get bombed out by the protector of the group for replying,
I will quote you for the Pergola you require, We make Pergolos all
sizes and send them all over the UK and the rest of the EEC.
I was well and truly slammed last year for offering our services to
the group just when we set up in business, well readers may be
interested to know that Pergolas Direct Co.UK not only survived the
comments but built a very healthy business from it with hundreds of
satisfied customers.
Please send me your actual requirements and I will reply with a price,
have a look at the site
www.pergolasdirect.co.uk

I seem to recall that last time was a bit blatent and not very well
done. This time you advertised in a thread that was already underway,
relevant to your product and you made sure that everyone was aware that
it was a commercial plug. You're perfectly within the charter to make
this advert and certainly on topic for the thread.

That you were slammed last year for the adverts is all well and good and
probably *slowed* your gorwth by a minute fraction. That you came up
with a good business proposition can't be argued with. That you're
obviously doing a good job seems to be evident by the website (that
breaks if you use Mozilla).

Accusing URG of trying to destroy your business isn't a fun way to make
friends and influence people. There may be no such thing as bad
publicity, but you can lose sales by sniping at a possible market who
may have forgiven and forgotten and been in the market for a 25'x 6'
pergola with 4 uprights per side.. etc on cutting requirements.

Warwick
Old 21-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Gerry McKenzie

Warwick wrote in message news:MPG.195da9db1bf8b8979897a9@lateinos...
[...]

No intetion to snipe was intended, not sure as to your comment re a
25'x 6'
pergola with 4 uprights per side.. etc on cutting requirements.

As we build to order as well as standard lines, we try to balance cost
of a Pergola with the needs of the customer.
In most cases as above we would quote using 6" x 2" rafters and rails
and not 4" x 2" our standard supply materials.
Please have a look at our price list on the web items similar to that
above are quoted using heavier sectioned timber than the norm.
I repeat that no intention to snipe was or is intended, I value the
user groups very much and contribute mainly to my other interest
Caravaning.
Many thanks for your comments if you wish further info on our site
please contact.
Gerry
Old 21-06-2003, 11:44 AM
martin

On 21 Jun 2003 03:30:02 -0700,
(Gerry McKenzie) wrote:

[...]

he doesn't use Mozilla to make Pergolas.
His website doesn't break using the currrent version of Mozilla.
--
martin

Reason we still direct seed is that our direct-seeded tomatoes harvest earlier than the transplanted ones Bill[_13_] Gardening 9 06-05-2008 04:37 AM
Could use some advice/input about having two custom pergolas built I Love Lucy Gardening 12 11-05-2006 03:46 PM
pergolas Jay Overlake United Kingdom 4 24-08-2004 05:32 PM
A bit OT - pergolas&& Pergolas Direct Janet Baraclough United Kingdom 0 21-06-2003 11:08 PM
A bit OT - pergolas Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 9 20-06-2003 01:09 PM