Old 08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Registered User

Location: scotland
Default earwigs

I want to know if anyone can help get rid of earwigs. My garden is plagued with them for nearly 3 years, there must be hundreds of them. I have tried sprays, hunting them down and squishing them and even flowerpots with straw. Is there a natural enemy of these things that i can lure in to my garden or another way that someone else has tried. please can someone help my plants are all being eaten, again.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Salty Thumb

holly wrote in
:

I want to know if anyone can help get rid of earwigs. My garden is
plagued with them for nearly 3 years, there must be hundreds of them.
I have tried sprays, hunting them down and squishing them and even
flowerpots with straw. Is there a natural enemy of these things that i
can lure in to my garden or another way that someone else has tried.
please can someone help my plants are all being eaten, again.

if you have a moisture problem, take care of that and the problem will go
away by itself. If you are in England where it's stereotypically rainy and
dreary, that may not be possible. Get rid of any debris they might be
using for hidey holes.

or you have offended the god of the earwigs and there's no helping you.

http://www.ext.vt.edu/departments/en...s/earwigs.html

[IMG] code is On

Earwigs Matt Bristol Orchids 7 26-11-2003 05:06 PM
How to Kill spiders wasps earwigs centipedes etc Kat Gardening 14 16-05-2003 11:56 PM
Peanut Oil to Battle Earwigs? Fleemo Gardening 6 01-05-2003 08:56 PM
Earwigs on my Lemon Tree Chris Warr Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Earwigs arien Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:33 AM