Old 14-09-2004, 02:09 AM
swim learning

Default Identification for three wild flowers in New Jersey - September

Please identify the three wild flowers (six photos) at:

http://tinyurl.com/6vs43

The flowers were found around an apartment complex. If the web-page is
not accessible, please go to:

http://photos.yahoo.com/shahswim

and select the "Plants" album.

Thank you.
Old 14-09-2004, 10:08 AM
gregpresley

I think plant 21 is some variety of persicaria (knot weed).
I think plant 22 is probably thread-leaf coreopsis - variety names are
zagreb and moonbeam. I'm not sure about plant 23 - at first I was thinking
euphorbia snow on the mountain, but in the closeup it looks like fuzzy
flowers of some sort, not bracts.
m...

Old 14-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Pat Kiewicz

swim learning said:

Please identify the three wild flowers (six photos) at:

Plant #21 -- some type of smartweed (Polygonum). It would take a real
close look at the stem sheaths and other details and a good key to say
which one.

Plant #22 -- Tickseed-sunflower (Bidens). Need really close look as
to possible species. Watch out--these set seeds that are prickly and love
to work their way into your clothes. I remember my mother trying to
suck these out of my clothes with a vacuum cleaner. She was not happy...

Plant #23 -- A boneset or throughwort (Eupatorium). Can't say which species.

(attributed to Don Marti)