Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Merle O'Broham

Default Thanks to Paghat

I wanted to post a thank you here. I saw a pic of your shade garden on
your website last year and it inspired me to do something with my
"dogpatch" on the other side of my garage. Previous owners neglected
the area. It's now my little sanctuary.

The space is ~ 15' x 40' or so of shade and was a bit of dry clumpy
grass with weeds along a 6' fence between the garage and the
neighbor's yard. I put a 2' river rock border next to the garage, hung
white tubelights under the eave of the garage (on timer at night), put
in a ~4' bed of mulch along the fence gradually adding plants to it as
friends' and neighbor's generosity (we all share) and $ are available.

Now I have an arrowwood viburnum, 2 types of hydrangea, climbing
hydrangea on the fence, a couple azaleas, ~6 types of hostas, hardy
geranium, rocket and dentata ligularia, some columbine, some
"ditchweed" orange daylillies and a few ferns. Next up is putting in
an oriental-style fountain (donated), mini-flagstone patio, and a nice
wrought-iron arch ($).

Just a thanks.

[IMG] code is On

Snogging with Paghat Peter Gregson Gardening 11 08-10-2003 12:02 AM
Hey paghat! jrstark Gardening 0 06-10-2003 03:32 AM
PAGHAT..... Is it OK to put dog poop on a garden? bunnie Gardening 1 18-03-2003 04:56 PM
Crows eradicated in DC, Paghat debunked animaux Gardening 32 29-01-2003 06:01 PM
Crows eradicated in DC, Paghat debunked IntarsiaCo Gardening 2 28-01-2003 05:57 PM