Old 27-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Ted S

Default Can anyone help me ID this yellow flower?

In South Jersey (zone 6) I saw a very pretty yellow flowering plant
that the owner said drops lots of seeds every year. The flowers are
about 1 inch across and the seeds form under the dying flowers are are
roundish and about 1 to 2 mm across.

I posted a picture at

http://pwp.starnetdial.net/bjkass123/flower/yellow.jpg

and would love to know what it is.

Thanks!

Ted

Old 28-09-2004, 12:36 AM
nonews

It is one of the Melampodium species. Do a google search to see the various
species. Good and reliable plant. Trouble-free.

om...

Old 28-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Kathy

I posted a picture at

http://pwp.starnetdial.net/bjkass123/flower/yellow.jpg

and would love to know what it is.

I believe it may be Melampodium. I planted it in my garden this year and it is
blooming beautifully!

Kathy

Old 28-09-2004, 07:13 PM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:36:30 GMT, "nonews" wrote:

It is one of the Melampodium species. Do a google search to see the various
species. Good and reliable plant. Trouble-free.

"Ted S" wrote in message
. com...
In South Jersey (zone 6) I saw a very pretty yellow flowering plant
that the owner said drops lots of seeds every year. The flowers are
about 1 inch across and the seeds form under the dying flowers are are
roundish and about 1 to 2 mm across.

I posted a picture at

http://pwp.starnetdial.net/bjkass123/flower/yellow.jpg

Invalid url?

Old 28-09-2004, 11:44 PM
GrampysGurl

http://pwp.starnetdial.net/bjkass123/flower/yellow.jpg

and would love to know what it is.

Thanks!

Ted

Looks like Heliopsis to me, I have it for the butterflies, spreads like crazy
here.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT

Old 01-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Ted S

It certainly looks like it is Melampodium divaricatum.
The flowers are similar to heliopsis, but that wasn't it.

Thanks for your help! I can't wait to plant it next spring and the
people who gave me the seeds will be happy to find out what it is.

Ted