Old 02-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

Default Fall/Winter Gardens

I live in the foothills of the Appalachian chain--Lenoir, NC specifically.

What are some Fall/Winter veggies that will grow well?

I'm not lookin' to plant a very large garden--about 50' x 50'.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Old 02-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Guyz-N-Flyz" wrote in message
I live in the foothills of the Appalachian chain--Lenoir, NC specifically.

What are some Fall/Winter veggies that will grow well?

I'm not lookin' to plant a very large garden--about 50' x 50'.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Most of the cole crops - Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collards,
kale, kohlrabi, mustard, broccoli and turnips - are suited for fall and
winter growing. Also spinach, leeks and garlic. Lettuce and other salad
greens can be grown until frost or through winter if in a cold frame. Unless
you can find starts at a local nursery, you may be a litte late. These crops
are usually seeded in mid to late summer (July and August) for early fall
planting.

pam - gardengal