Old 04-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Ken

Default Too late to aerate and overseed?

Hi. My lawn care service was going to aerate and overseed for me this
season. The problem is that they have not been able to get out to do
it yet. They want to come out this week (week of 10/04/04), but I'm
thinking that it's too late tempature/climate-wise. The weather has
started getting cooler around here. My lawn is not in desparate need
of the service. It's more of a maintenance thing. So I'm thinking of
telling them to wait for either early spring or next September.

Am I right about this, or should I just let them do it now?

I'm from Southern New Jersey where the tempature has been a low of the
high 40's and a high of the mid-60's. And it's just going to get
cooler from here on. Also, my grass is a tall-fescue.

Thanks for any feedback!

Ken