Old 11-10-2004, 01:36 AM
bex

Default indoor window extension thingy?

I need help! I was trying to google (and froogle) for the following (which
I know exists, in some form somewhere):
it's something you can put in your window (regular casement style - vertical
hung), made probably of wood or metal and acrylic or polycarbonate, maybe
even glass. It extends the window outwards, looks vaguely like an aquarium,
only the opening would be facing you if you could look out of it. I thought
this was something used as a semipermanent (easy installation as a window
air conditioner) gardening window, or *maybe* a place for a cat to sit
technically outside of the house to look at birds and the like. I hardly
have any windowsill space or even room to make shelves and so I thought this
would be ideal for my modest kitchen window. Any ideas or links?

Cheers,
Rebecca

Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Travis

bex wrote:

I need help! I was trying to google (and froogle) for the following (which
I know exists, in some form somewhere):
it's something you can put in your window (regular casement style - vertical
hung), made probably of wood or metal and acrylic or polycarbonate, maybe
even glass. It extends the window outwards, looks vaguely like an aquarium,
only the opening would be facing you if you could look out of it. I thought
this was something used as a semipermanent (easy installation as a window
air conditioner) gardening window, or *maybe* a place for a cat to sit
technically outside of the house to look at birds and the like. I hardly
have any windowsill space or even room to make shelves and so I thought this
would be ideal for my modest kitchen window. Any ideas or links?

Cheers,
Rebecca

Try this.

http://h2othouse.com/html/window_greenhouse.html

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 11-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Travis

bex wrote:

I need help! I was trying to google (and froogle) for the following (which
I know exists, in some form somewhere):
it's something you can put in your window (regular casement style - vertical
hung), made probably of wood or metal and acrylic or polycarbonate, maybe
even glass. It extends the window outwards, looks vaguely like an aquarium,
only the opening would be facing you if you could look out of it. I thought
this was something used as a semipermanent (easy installation as a window
air conditioner) gardening window, or *maybe* a place for a cat to sit
technically outside of the house to look at birds and the like. I hardly
have any windowsill space or even room to make shelves and so I thought this
would be ideal for my modest kitchen window. Any ideas or links?

Cheers,
Rebecca

Or this.

http://www.1stwindows.com/members/su...greenhouse.htm

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 11-10-2004, 09:53 PM

instead of the ones require "installation" I made an orchid box for a south facing
window in a rental in D.C. I used 12" x 1" wide boards to form a "box" in the
window. if the sides are cut right they will need to be hammered gently into place
and hold the bottom and top firmly in place. then I screwed a board to the sides
across the bottom of the front, maybe 4 inches high and lined the bottom up the sides
with plastic, stapling into the wood part, tape on the glass. From the wood on top I
put hooks to hang some plants. I cut egg crate to fit in the lined box to hold the
orchids out of the water. it worked really well. painted the cedar black. Ingrid

"bex" wrote:

I need help! I was trying to google (and froogle) for the following (which
I know exists, in some form somewhere):
it's something you can put in your window (regular casement style - vertical
hung), made probably of wood or metal and acrylic or polycarbonate, maybe
even glass. It extends the window outwards, looks vaguely like an aquarium,
only the opening would be facing you if you could look out of it. I thought
this was something used as a semipermanent (easy installation as a window
air conditioner) gardening window, or *maybe* a place for a cat to sit
technically outside of the house to look at birds and the like. I hardly
have any windowsill space or even room to make shelves and so I thought this
would be ideal for my modest kitchen window. Any ideas or links?

Cheers,
Rebecca

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 AM
bex

"Travis" wrote in message
bex wrote:

[...]

Nope, neither of these. What I saw before looks about the same size as a
window air conditioner and fits in the same way, not the same size as the
whole window. Thanks anyway.

Rebecca