Old 05-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Registered User

Unhappy How to save dying plant?

Hi,

I sprayed my poinsettia plant with a pesticide called "White Oil" to get rid of the scale insects on it. Unfortunately, 5 days later, Mr. Planty's leaves are turning yellow and starting to curl up. He really does not look too good. I've tried wiping off some of the excess pesticide on the leaves, but it may be too late.

Does anyone know how I can save him?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrburst
Hi,

I sprayed my poinsettia plant with a pesticide called "White Oil" to get rid of the scale insects on it. Unfortunately, 5 days later, Mr. Planty's leaves are turning yellow and starting to curl up. He really does not look too good. I've tried wiping off some of the excess pesticide on the leaves, but it may be too late.

Does anyone know how I can save him?

Hi Starrburst,
It may be too late. I would continue to care for the plant and see if it survives. The plant would have already taken in the pesticide and there is nothing you can do at this point to change that. Wish I had better news.
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.