Old 15-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Volfie

Default Pasture planting anyone?

Does anyone in here know anything about planting/maintaining a horse
pasture? I have a few questions to ask and if it's not appropriate for this
newsgroup, you can email me off group if you wouldn't mind answering some
questions. I was wondering when you do replanting of bare areas, how long
you permit growth in-between grazing periods, what you've found to be the
best replanting mix, etc.

Giselle (looking at some chewed up pasture and getting antsy about making it
grow again)

Old 15-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Anonny Moose

"Volfie" wrote in message
Does anyone in here know anything about planting/maintaining a horse
pasture? I have a few questions to ask and if it's not appropriate for
this
newsgroup, you can email me off group if you wouldn't mind answering some
questions. I was wondering when you do replanting of bare areas, how long
you permit growth in-between grazing periods, what you've found to be the
best replanting mix, etc.

Giselle (looking at some chewed up pasture and getting antsy about making
it
grow again)

Check with your local extension agent for the best advice.

Old 16-11-2004, 03:33 PM
K, T, E & N

There's a rec.equestrian news group that have very helpful folks. You can
post what type of climate you are in, size of pasture and what problems you
have and want corrected, how much use the pasture gets. If you have
breeding stock that needs to be taken into account also. Give them a try.

Kim

Old 17-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Volfie

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message

"Volfie" wrote in message
Does anyone in here know anything about planting/maintaining a horse
pasture? I have a few questions to ask and if it's not appropriate for
this
newsgroup, you can email me off group if you wouldn't mind answering

some
questions. I was wondering when you do replanting of bare areas, how

long
you permit growth in-between grazing periods, what you've found to be

the
best replanting mix, etc.

Giselle (looking at some chewed up pasture and getting antsy about

making
it
grow again)

Check with your local extension agent for the best advice.

Oh, THAT guy. When we moved here I tracked him down. I called his office a
dozen times. His secretary finally said, "He's basically retired and only
works about 10 hours a week and he works for three counties. He probably
won't be calling back."

Giselle (so much for *him*)

Old 17-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Volfie

"K, T, E & N" wrote in message
There's a rec.equestrian news group that have very helpful folks. You can
post what type of climate you are in, size of pasture and what problems

you
have and want corrected, how much use the pasture gets. If you have
breeding stock that needs to be taken into account also. Give them a try.

Kim

That's the group I was trying to think of -- thanks! I knew there was one
somewhere but I didn't search under "rec" for some reason.

Giselle (or -- DUH -- "equestrian"