Old 27-11-2004, 11:41 PM
THURSTON ACKERMAN

Default How do you keep poinsetti

FamilyNet Newsgate

RBFrom: "Romy Beeck"

RBI live in wisconsin so i can't put it outside in the winter. Most people i
RBtalk to say most poinsettias die after christmas. So can anyone tell me how
RBto keep it alive. THANK YOU

Our reds also all failed; but we have one with white brackets that
is displaying nicely. Don't know why but we plan to try them again.

BTW Might you be associated qith GEMS in Waukesha?

Ciao, Ack.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ When winter arrives, can spring be far behind?

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org

Old 28-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:41:00 +0000, THURSTON ACKERMAN wrote:

FamilyNet Newsgate

RBFrom: "Romy Beeck"

RBI live in wisconsin so i can't put it outside in the winter. Most
people i RBtalk to say most poinsettias die after christmas. So can
anyone tell me how RBto keep it alive. THANK YOU

Our reds also all failed; but we have one with white brackets that is
displaying nicely. Don't know why but we plan to try them again.

They are REALLY EASY. Just keep the soil damp (not soggy) and give it
bright light. Fertilize half the recommended rate every other watering.

Tom

Old 29-11-2004, 04:58 AM
Marg

Hi Tom,
Can you tell me what the recommended fertilizer is and the how much to use?
Thanks,
Marg

Old 29-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Cereus-validus...

Yeah Tom do tell.

Do you use that expensive yak dung from outer Mongolia or do you have your
own special brand of manure just for newsgroups?

If you keep the soil continuously damp for Poinsettias they will most
certainly rot.

om...

Old 30-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Tom Randy

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 20:58:28 -0800, Marg wrote:

Hi Tom,
Can you tell me what the recommended fertilizer is and the how much to
use? Thanks,
Marg

Miracle grow is just fine. Or any houseplant type, 10-10-10, 20-20-20

Old 30-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:20:46 +0000, Cereus-validus... wrote:

Yeah Tom do tell.

Do you use that expensive yak dung from outer Mongolia or do you have your
own special brand of manure just for newsgroups?

If you keep the soil continuously damp for Poinsettias they will most
certainly rot.

I think she knows what I mean. What seems to be your problem?

Old 30-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Cereus-validus...

Oh I forgot, you're Randy Tom, the plant psychic.

I am thinking of the proper plant to ram up your posterior.

Can you name that plant?

news