Old 11-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Mack McKinnon

Default Can anyone ID this insect for me?

These critters -- about half an inch long -- have been all over my Austin,
Texas yard and garden since last Spring.
Anyone able to ID for me?

http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg

mack
austin

Old 11-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Mike LaMana

The insect is a box elder bug (most likely) and definitely a Hemipteran.
Google box elder bug and you'll get a ton of info - they are real common.

--
Mike LaMana, MS, CTE
Consulting Forester & Arborist

"Mack McKinnon" wrote in
message news

Old 12-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Mack McKinnon

They do look like box elder bugs. And the red nymphs, which I have seen
plenty of, look like box elder nymphs. But the adults look more like squash
bugs. One or the other, not sure which.

mack
austin

Old 13-12-2004, 05:09 AM
Lar

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:07:47 GMT, "Mack McKinnon"
wrote:

These critters -- about half an inch long -- have been all over my Austin,
Texas yard and garden since last Spring.
Anyone able to ID for me?

http://televisionadvertising.com/images/insect.jpg

mack
austin

You might try looking up Bordered Plant Bug. They can be found around
cotton plants and mesquite and will accumulate in numbers like box
elder bugs are known for.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv