Old 24-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Linda

Default Mulch

Hi--Merry Christmas!!

What name of mulch do you use for your flowers? Everyone says to
mulch--roses, perennials, annuals, etc. But please give me the name of the
one you use and like the best! Thanks

Linda

Old 24-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Phisherman

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:31:43 GMT, "Linda"
wrote:

Hi--Merry Christmas!!

What name of mulch do you use for your flowers? Everyone says to
mulch--roses, perennials, annuals, etc. But please give me the name of the
one you use and like the best! Thanks

Linda

I use different things. I have a chipper/shredder so that makes a
lot of wood chips and ground up leaves (I have about 200 trees). For
the rose garden, I use composted cow manure ("Black Kow" in a yellow
bag.) For my azalea garden, I use pine needles collected from the
pine woods. I use home-made compost for annuals, clematis,
hydrangeas, and peonies. All mulches I use decompose.
Old 25-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Someone

Linda wrote:
Hi--Merry Christmas!!

What name of mulch do you use for your flowers? Everyone says to
mulch--roses, perennials, annuals, etc. But please give me the name of the
one you use and like the best! Thanks

Linda

not knowing alot myself, i was told to choose according to the type of
soil, zone, and exactly what kind of flowers will be planted. good luck.

[IMG] code is On

To compost/mulch or not to compost/mulch Malcolm United Kingdom 15 03-05-2009 09:19 AM
To Mulch or Not to Mulch Ron H Gardening 6 13-08-2006 09:06 PM
Lawn grass mulch Ann Edible Gardening 4 02-03-2003 06:27 PM
Leaf Mulch Kurt Gardening 8 06-02-2003 10:25 AM
[IBC] mulch as soil Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 1 04-02-2003 01:15 AM