Old 04-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Wildpoppy

Default What flowers are blooming in late June?

Hi I wonder if anyone could give me some advice please.
We have shrubs and some trees becoming established in our young
garden(6 yrs) but we are getting married in June and I would like the
garden to look full of colour for our party. Does anyone have any
suggestions as to what I can plant that will give colour of all
heights?

I would love it to look like a cottage garden but know that isn't
possible but also I did want to avoid bedding plants everywhere. I
love gerberas, michelmas daisies, lupins, delphiniums (which always
get eaten) and the roses will hopefully be in bloom.

Many thanks
Poppy
Old 15-01-2005, 08:09 AM
gregpresley

Ah, but it is possible to have a cottage garden look by June..... in late
February or early March, sprinkle packets of California poppies, shirley
poppies, sweet alyssum, and maybe annual candytuft everywhere you see bits
of bare earth - (turn it over lightly before you sprinke seed, but don't
cover the seeds with dirt, unless you can throw spare handfuls of sand very
lightly on top. )All of these should be in bloom by June, if planted early.
Maybe even bachelor buttons might bloom that early if planted at the same
time. Some rarer annuals that bloom quickly from seed include California
baby blue eyes, and egg foam flower. Also linaria will bloom quickly from
seed.
om...