Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Aunty Kreist

Default Persnicketty neighbors

I have horrible neighbors, and a fence that's only three feet high.

We need a fence that will block them out _completely_, and stockade type
fences are extremely expensive.

I have considered hedges, but the only bad thing is that they take awhile to
grow high enough.

I had an idea to make a "vine fence". I thought I would buy some wire ( like
chicken wire, but thicker and sturdier) about 6 feet high, and put it down
the length of the yard using posts or stakes.

I have a good variety of climbing vine seeds, including mandevilla, several
varieties of morning glory ( red, black, purple, yellow, white) trumpet
creeper vines, and hyacinth bean vines. I planned on buying maybe five or
six climbing roses when it gets warm enough out. I live in PA, so we can't
plant much here usually until May.

Has anyone else ever tried to make this sort of fence? Did you have good
results? I was also wondering what experiences you've had with climbing
vines, such as varieties that grow quickly, etc.

Any input appreciated greatly.

[IMG] code is On

Persnicketty neighbors Pen Gardening 0 16-01-2005 05:35 PM
Wind Chimes--respectful neighbors Pam - gardengal Gardening 9 15-01-2004 11:12 AM
trees, neighbors, and the law whit Texas 28 16-08-2003 02:42 PM
Composting and neighbors LoneEarth Gardening 13 27-06-2003 11:56 PM
Peeing on Neighbors Yard BiG_Orange Gardening 47 02-06-2003 03:44 PM