Old 25-01-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Plant Bleeding Hearts Now?

I picked up some bulbs and sets at Home Depot, and I'm wondering when I
should actually plant them here in my Zone 9 garden? The Bleeding
Hearts are actually sprouting in the bag. Should I plant them right
away or wait until the frost-free date which is in late March? How
about the Calla Lilies and Clematis (the latter of which also shows
signs of sprouting in the bag)?

-Fleemo

Old 25-01-2005, 07:33 AM
Cereus-validus...

You have left yourself no choice but to wait until March to plant them. You
will be lucky if they are still alive by then.

ups.com...

Old 25-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Hemmaholic

Pot everything up and place them in the best light you have available.
The Clematis can take more sun than the other two and also supply it
with something to climb on.

OR:

In Zone 9, you could probably plant the Bleeding Heart and the
Clematis in the garden now, but protect the tender shoots with a good
sized mound of leaves or pine straw. I would wait on the Calla Lily
though and just pot it up and grow it inside at a bright window.
Hemmaholic.

Old 25-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Joe

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in message
You have left yourself no choice but to wait until March to plant them.

You
will be lucky if they are still alive by then.

Ignore the troll-orc. He excels in disinformation. Even if you must wedge
up a piece of frozen soil, do plant. They will probably make it.

[IMG] code is On

How to kill selective Bleeding Hearts plants.. The Henchman[_3_] Gardening 2 12-06-2012 02:01 AM
bleeding hearts [email protected] Gardening 0 06-06-2005 10:23 PM
Bleeding hearts Jill Gardening 2 27-05-2003 08:32 PM
how to plant bleeding hearts? enid potter United Kingdom 2 03-05-2003 05:08 PM