Old 26-01-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Datura? Brugmansia?

do you have any cuttings that you would be willing to share with me im
new at this and would appreiate the cuttings
thanks
darlene
m&v wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:53:56 GMT, sunflower
wrote:

Okay, several years ago the taxonomists decided to change the
classification of datura and brugmansia. They have been seperated.
Datura is distinguished by their upright flowers and brugmansia is
distinguished by its hanging flowers. That is really the only
difference between the two. The flower parts (other than one being

up
and one hanging) are quite the same, and both are in the solanacea or
nightshade family of plants. The reason why brugmansia is sold as a
cutting is simple: It is hard to get a brugmansia to produce viable
seed, and when it does, the seeds are not plentiful as they are in
datura pods. I just spend over 50 dollars on brugmansia rooted
cuttings. Now, I am going to be making my own rooted cuttings, and
sending some to people on the newsgroup. If you would like some,
email me and I can see what we can arrange. The plants came
yesterday, but are nowhere near the cutting stages yet.

om is my email address.

Victoria

Old 31-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Vox Humana

"escape" wrote in message
I will send cuttings to you as soon as the plants wake up. I always tell

people
to remind me in spring for cuttings. Gee, you found a post which is six

years
old!

I tried rooting some cutting I took from my burgmansias last summer, but
they rotted.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Vox Humana

"escape" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:21:16 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

"escape" wrote in message
.. .
I will send cuttings to you as soon as the plants wake up. I always

tell
people
to remind me in spring for cuttings. Gee, you found a post which is six

years
old!

I tried rooting some cutting I took from my burgmansias last summer, but
they rotted.

You have to root them in almost dry peat moss or vermiculite. You can

root them
in water as well. Nightshades can tend to rot if they have any exposure

to any
of the fungal diseases.

I'll try the peat. When I put them in water, they stay nice and green, but
the bottom of the stem rotted. I would cut it off, and it would be OK for a
while and then rot again. Mine got so big that the branches kept breaking
under their own weight. Here are some pictures. I got them for a $1 about
three years ago and they were only a few inches high. They really took off
last summer. They are dormant in the basement right now. Here are some
pictures from last summer.
http://tinyurl.com/6fvfz

Old 01-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Vox Humana

"escape" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:33:19 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

I'll try the peat. When I put them in water, they stay nice and green,

but
the bottom of the stem rotted. I would cut it off, and it would be OK

for a
while and then rot again. Mine got so big that the branches kept

breaking
under their own weight. Here are some pictures. I got them for a $1

about
three years ago and they were only a few inches high. They really took

off
last summer. They are dormant in the basement right now. Here are some
pictures from last summer.
http://tinyurl.com/6fvfz

You have to change the water every day. I also sometimes put a small cap

of
hydrogen peroxide in the water. You have some nice specimens, but you can

cut
those bottom branches off to form a tree-like shape. Mine are all in the

shed
right now. I think the tops are all died back this year. We didn't put up

the
greenhouse because I had surgery and didn't know if I could maintain it

this
year. So, my plants will all develop new stems and branches, which is not

so
bad an idea every now and then.

I will try the peroxide. I had to cut the bottom branches out because 1)
some broke under their own weight and 2) I couldn't get them into the house
without trimming them. Once inside, I noticed that they became infected
with aphids. I assume that once the leaves completely die and new leaves
stop emerging from the nodes that the aphids will die. I don't want to use
any insecticide indoor ( I don't use it outdoor either), and a strong blast
of water isn't possible.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Ann

"Lady Blacksword" expounded:

Yeah, well they're only toxic if you snort them

Please do.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Lady Blacksword

Nice to see that everyone on this group is kissing Cereus's ass............
Murri

Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Cereus-validus...

They have been waiting for you to go first.

Pucker up, biatch!!!!!

Lady Blackthumb wants to be Queen Brownnose but it ain't gonna happen.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Ann

"Lady Blacksword" expounded:

Nice to see that everyone on this group is kissing Cereus's ass............
Murri

"Ann" wrote in message
.. .
"Lady Blacksword" expounded:

Yeah, well they're only toxic if you snort them

Please do.

Actually I'm one of the last here that would kiss any part of him.
You have earned the contempt without any help from him.

Ann
Old 04-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Cereus-validus...

Don't mind Lady Blackthumb.

That stinky troll is so ugly, she will never get the opportunity to ever
experience kissing anything.

She's so butt ugly, she gives toads warts!!!!

"escape" wrote in message
Kissing whose ass? Oh, not your ass, I see.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:37:16 -0500, "Lady Blacksword"

opined:

Nice to see that everyone on this group is kissing Cereus's
ass............
Murri

. ..

Old 04-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Cereus-validus...

You are being insulted by 4yr olds?

Isn't there anybody out there you don't **** off?

*****************

You're so ugly that whenever you look out a car window, you get arrested for
mooning.

You're so ugly that for Halloween you have to trick or treat over the phone!

You're so ugly that when you were a kid, your parents had to tie a pork chop
around your neck just to get the dog to play with you.

You're so ugly you scares roaches away.

You're so ugly, your parents had to feed you with a sling shot.

"escape" wrote in message
Kissing whose ass? Oh, not your ass, I see.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:37:16 -0500, "Lady Blacksword"

opined:

Nice to see that everyone on this group is kissing Cereus's
ass............
Murri

"Ann" wrote in message
m...
"Lady Blacksword" expounded:

Yeah, well they're only toxic if you snort them

Please do.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for yourself or a
friend?

[IMG] code is On

Datura - datura.jpg Ann Garden Photos 4 09-08-2007 11:36 PM
Datura & Brugmansia amethyst butterfly Gardening 2 15-04-2003 04:32 PM
Angel's Trumpet (Datura/Brugmansia) irvin savage Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
brugmansia question Nick Texas 1 02-04-2003 02:56 PM