Old 30-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Bill Faust

Default Tree Identification

I would appreciate it someone could identify this tree for me. It is
located in Camarillo, California (Sunset zone 23). I am considering it
for a backyard tree but I want to know more about it. Links to
pictures below. Thanks for any help

Bill Faust

Tree:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300001.gif

Trunk:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300002.gif

Leaves:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300004.gif

Leaves:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300005.gif

Another view of same species, more matu
http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300006.gif

Old 30-01-2005, 09:23 PM
David Ross

Bill Faust wrote:

I would appreciate it someone could identify this tree for me. It is
located in Camarillo, California (Sunset zone 23). I am considering it
for a backyard tree but I want to know more about it. Links to
pictures below. Thanks for any help

Bill Faust

Tree:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300001.gif

Trunk:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300002.gif

Leaves:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300004.gif

Leaves:

http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300005.gif

Another view of same species, more matu
http://optim-microwave.com/images/misc/p1300006.gif

This is a ficus, likely F. elastica (rubber tree) or possibly F.
retusa. Be careful, ficus roots can be very aggressive. After a
while, nothing will grow underneath them.

The first picture was taken at the shopping center where I bought
my PC.

--

David E. Ross
URL:http://www.rossde.com/

complies with Web standards. See URL:http://www.mozilla.org/.
Old 31-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Bill Faust

David Ross wrote:

This is a ficus, likely F. elastica (rubber tree) or possibly F.
retusa. Be careful, ficus roots can be very aggressive. After a
while, nothing will grow underneath them.

Indeed. From reading up, it looks like a Ficus microcarpa (F. retusa).
I think it makes a handsome tree when pruned as in the picture.
Considering the "Green Gem" version for an open space in the rear yard.
Thanks for the help.

Bill Faust
Thousand Oaks

[IMG] code is On

Any Tree Experts?? Tree Identification Question?? MICHELLE H. Gardening 5 02-12-2009 10:01 PM
Tree Identification Chip G. Lawns 4 11-07-2003 09:24 PM
Help - Tree Identification (picts included) Scott Gardening 3 10-06-2003 03:08 AM
[IBC] Tree Identification Sean Nemecek Bonsai 5 25-05-2003 09:20 PM
Identification of pine tree from photo David Jones alt.forestry 1 05-03-2003 07:56 PM