Old 31-01-2005, 08:41 AM
G. Wolmershaeuser

Default Deno's "Seed Germination Theory and Practice"

Hello,
I'd like to order the above book. I understand that it is only available
through the author himself.
The address I have found is:

Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
139 Lenor Drive, State College, PA 16801, USA

No email is given. Before sending money to him I'd like to verify the
address. Is there anybody around who has ordered the book recently?
Any other way for buying the book?
Thanks
Gotthelf
Old 03-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Henry Kuska

I have his book. I will be surprised if he is still living as he was at
least a generation before my generation.

--
Henry Kuska, retired

http://home.neo.rr.com/kuska/
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "G. Wolmershaeuser" contains these words:

Hello,
I'd like to order the above book. I understand that it is only available
through the author himself.

That's a most unusual book-sales tactic for university authors.

The address I have found is:

Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
139 Lenor Drive, State College, PA 16801, USA

No email is given. Before sending money to him I'd like to verify the
address.

Why not look up the State College Pennsylvania prospectus online and
check out the chemistry dept? It should be possible to contact a genuine
emeritus professor through the college.

Janet.

Old 14-02-2005, 05:45 PM
G. Wolmershaeuser

Henry Kuska wrote:

I have his book. I will be surprised if he is still living as he was at
least a generation before my generation.

Hello Henry,
you are possibly right. I was not successful when I tried to contact
anybody at State College Pennsylvania to get further information. So, do
you think the book is still worth hunting for? It doesn't seem to be easy
to get it on the market for used books.
Gotthelf
Old 15-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Leon Fisk

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:45:14 +0100, "G. Wolmershaeuser"
wrote:

Henry Kuska wrote:

I have his book. I will be surprised if he is still living as he was at
least a generation before my generation.

Hello Henry,
you are possibly right. I was not successful when I tried to contact
anybody at State College Pennsylvania to get further information. So, do
you think the book is still worth hunting for? It doesn't seem to be easy
to get it on the market for used books.
Gotthelf

Hi Gotthelf,

I'm not so sure Henry is talking about the same book. I did
a simple Google search on this and it looked like the author
was still living. There was even mention of an updated
editions available. Take a look at the following Google
results:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Se...utf-8&oe=utf-8

especially these two links:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/normdeno.html

http://www.eccentricgardener.com/mt/...es/000038.html

Good luck!

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Old 15-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Salty Thumb

Leon Fisk wrote in
:

wrote:

Henry Kuska wrote:

I have his book. I will be surprised if he is still living as he
was at least a generation before my generation.

Hello Henry,
you are possibly right. I was not successful when I tried to contact
anybody at State College Pennsylvania to get further information. So,
do you think the book is still worth hunting for? It doesn't seem to
be easy to get it on the market for used books.
Gotthelf

Hi Gotthelf,

I'm not so sure Henry is talking about the same book. I did
a simple Google search on this and it looked like the author
was still living. There was even mention of an updated
editions available. Take a look at the following Google
results:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Se...+and+Practice%
22&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

especially these two links:

http://theseedsite.co.uk/normdeno.html

http://www.eccentricgardener.com/mt/...es/000038.html

Good luck!

you could call and ask if he's been growing any daisies
http://www.psu.edu/ldap/index.html
LAST NAME = DENO
make sure you get the right one (Norman C)

www.rps.psu.edu/mar96/seed.html - from 1996 but still interesting