Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 AM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Garden Care (environment) and poor decissions.

So called Christians such as Rick Santorum (R) again have exercised poor
decisions with due respect to creation care. Rick Santorum on a scale from
0-100%, scored a poor 0% with the scorecard of the League of Conservation
Voters (www.lcv.org) for the year 2004. This must be due to faulty
intelligence. This score surely represents the extreme right of the
Republican party. I know to many people in Pennsylvania to except that his
voting represents his constituents. Why do we allow him to take such a
poor stand, out of faulty intelligence, with respect to creation care, while
he claims to be a Christian. He represents us and is sending a very clear
poor message under the mock of being a Christian. When asked to define
what he means when he says "forest" as he claims logging National Forest
helps forest vitality, he refuses. Joe Pitts (R) scored a 9% while others
such as Joe Hoeffel (D) scored a respectful 100%. Is the Republican parties
goals to give trees and their associates low quality lives? Man's first
responsibility was to care for the garden, (Genesis 2-15). Medical doctors
take an oath not to cause harm. People who make decisions on forest health,
such as Santorum, should be required to have a background in tree biology
and take a similar oath.. A myth that insects and fungi threaten forest
health still is fostered out of the ignorance of tree biology.

..dying and symplastless wood provides one of the two or three greatest
resources for animal species in a natural forest. ..if fallen timber and
slightly decayed trees are removed the whole system is gravely impoverished
of perhaps more than a fifth of its fauna (Maser and Trappe, 1984).

So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out
of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fi and they shall
spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the
Lord GOD. (KJV Ezekiel 39:10)

One must wonder if a good steward and or good Christian is a 0%er or a
100%er. For more on the topic look up "logging" at www.treedictionary.com
for information backed by data on the subject. My goal is to get you to
think. Please think. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic
eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.

West Chester PA 610-864-5251(OUT OF SERVICE FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS)
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
that we are not the boss.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com - FREE
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding