Old 03-08-2008, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Garden and Environment Forum

New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening, nature
conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk
Old 03-08-2008, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening, nature
conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

We have a perfectly adequate 'forum' here thank you, which has been running
successfully for more than thirty years, so just go away!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

alan.holmes wrote:
wrote in message
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening, nature
conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

We have a perfectly adequate 'forum' here thank you, which has been
running successfully for more than thirty years, so just go away!

Is rudeness natural, or do you have to practice?
I belong to numerous news groups and forums related to my interests and
hobbies. There is always room for one more. You can never have to much
information, nor stop learning from a new contact. To remain closeted in one
group is your loss really?
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening, nature
conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

Just taken a look and no thank you. Far too much advertising (any commercial
advertising is too much for me) and too many band wagons.

Mike

Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in message
alan.holmes wrote:
wrote in message
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening, nature
conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

We have a perfectly adequate 'forum' here thank you, which has been
running successfully for more than thirty years, so just go away!

Is rudeness natural, or do you have to practice?
I belong to numerous news groups and forums related to my interests and
hobbies. There is always room for one more. You can never have to much
information, nor stop learning from a new contact. To remain closeted in
one group is your loss really?

There is an old engineering saying, if it aint broke don't fix it.

And this group has been running for a VERY long time, the subscribers are
helpfull, no matter how difficult the question is.

And, in the main, things which originate from 'google' groups usually have
some catch.

--
Pete C
London UK

Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/8/08 22:29, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 22:25:23 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

wrote in message
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening, nature
conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

Just taken a look and no thank you. Far too much advertising (any commercial
advertising is too much for me) and too many band wagons.

It's only a matter of time before urg posts find their way there without the
posters' permission.

Like Gardenbanter who take our posts and use them for commercial purposes?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-08-2008, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/8/08 09:22, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 01:38:12 +0100, Anne Welsh Jackson
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
"Martin" wrote:
"Muddymike" wrote:
wrote:
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening,
nature conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

Just taken a look and no thank you. Far too much advertising (any
commercial
advertising is too much for me) and too many band wagons.

It's only a matter of time before urg posts find their way there
without the
posters' permission.

Like Gardenbanter who take our posts and use them for commercial purposes?

You do have the option of adding 'x-no-archive' to your posts, of course.

which Gardenbanter and similar "forums" ignores.

Anne is just trying to provoke, Martin. She's failed to do it elsewhere so
now she's trying it on here. Google doesn't pay any attention to
x-no-archive because it deletes such posts days later, giving those who wish
to use them plenty of time to do so.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
Anne is just trying to provoke, Martin. She's failed to do it elsewhere
so
now she's trying it on here. Google doesn't pay any attention to
x-no-archive because it deletes such posts days later, giving those who
wish
to use them plenty of time to do so.

And of course x-no-archive has absolutely no effect at all on the posts that
people have downloaded to their own computers via various newsreaders.

--
Chris, (on tour)
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 21:00:50 +0100, "Pete C" wrote:

There is always room for one more.

Had to check it out, certainly not short of adverts, Wish it well but it will
be hard work .
--

Lincolnshire2012.com
What Lincolnshire is planning for the 2012 Games!

Sporting-lincs.com
Search 1800+ Lincolnshire Sports Clubs.

Now post your own Sport information!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:
wrote in message
New forum launched at gardenandgreen.co.uk covering gardening,
nature conservation, greener living, hobbies etc. Postings welcome

http://www.gardenandgreen.co.uk

Just taken a look and no thank you. Far too much advertising (any
commercial advertising is too much for me) and too many band wagons.

Mike

Fair comment
--
Pete C