Old 23-02-2005, 04:23 AM
Jack Schmidling

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Bungee Squirrel

As anyone knows who has ever had a birdfeeder, squirrels are at the same
time the most exasperating and funniest critters out there. They consume
bird feed faster than we can put it out and a whole cottage industry has
developed around keeping them out of the bird feeders. We have tried them
all with little long term success as sooner or later, they break the code.
The bungee for squirrels is one of the best gadgets yet. It doesn't keep
them out of the feeder but it's fun enough to watch them conquer this
challenge to make it worth the corn they eat.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.com

Old 23-02-2005, 05:12 PM
gls858

dustin.mcbride wrote:
couldn't get the page to open

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message
om...

As anyone knows who has ever had a birdfeeder, squirrels are at the same
time the most exasperating and funniest critters out there. They consume
bird feed faster than we can put it out and a whole cottage industry has
developed around keeping them out of the bird feeders. We have tried them
all with little long term success as sooner or later, they break the code.
The bungee for squirrels is one of the best gadgets yet. It doesn't keep
them out of the feeder but it's fun enough to watch them conquer this
challenge to make it worth the corn they eat.

js

Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Gems, Sausage, http://schmidling.com

opened fine for me. Great idea!

gls858
Old 24-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Jerry Avins

Jack Schmidling wrote:
As anyone knows who has ever had a birdfeeder, squirrels are at the same
time the most exasperating and funniest critters out there. They consume
bird feed faster than we can put it out and a whole cottage industry has
developed around keeping them out of the bird feeders. We have tried them
all with little long term success as sooner or later, they break the code.
The bungee for squirrels is one of the best gadgets yet. It doesn't keep
them out of the feeder but it's fun enough to watch them conquer this
challenge to make it worth the corn they eat.

I have fat squirrels in the yard, but they only get what the birds throw
out of the feeders. Iy first try at thwarting them failed. A squirrel
can climb five feet up a piece of half-inch galvanized pipe. Now that
there's a length of four-inch stove pipe at the top, they can't climb
it. Another feeder is hung on a tree, but they slide off its its sloping
top. I'll post pictures if anyone thinks these are remarkable enough to
warrant it.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Old 26-02-2005, 02:30 AM
jmcquown

Jack Schmidling wrote:
As anyone knows who has ever had a birdfeeder, squirrels are at the
same time the most exasperating and funniest critters out there. They
consume bird feed faster than we can put it out and a whole cottage
industry has developed around keeping them out of the bird feeders.
We have tried them all with little long term success as sooner or
later, they break the code. The bungee for squirrels is one of the
best gadgets yet. It doesn't keep them out of the feeder but it's fun
enough to watch them conquer this challenge to make it worth the corn
they eat.

js

That squirrel should try out for the Olympics! Quite a jump for the cheeky
(determined) little bugger!

Jill