Old 09-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Romy Beeck

Default Clay pots

I broke a part of my clay pot out. Does anyone know how to fix it or patch
it? thank you

Old 09-03-2005, 02:59 AM
paghat

In article , "Romy Beeck"
wrote:

I broke a part of my clay pot out. Does anyone know how to fix it or patch
it? thank you

A non-water-soluable glue will hold it together; I think Liquid Nails is
non-water-soluable but check the labels of what's available. But when I
broke an oddly shaped terra cotta pot I liked, I put it back together with
a bead of silicon, then I painted the crack with gold paint to highlight
rather than try to hide the crack, & it looked cooler than before it got
broke.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 09-03-2005, 05:00 PM
David J Bockman

I use a clear silicone caulk.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Salty Thumb

"Romy Beeck" wrote in
:

I broke a part of my clay pot out. Does anyone know how to fix it or
patch it? thank you

You can buy a variety of multipurpose glues that are specificly rated for
ceramic-to-ceramic contact. Some of them are not fun to breathe when
curing (meaning coughing up a lung not fun, not just ew stinky not fun).
Liquid Nails (TM) makes a line of glues (www.perfectglue.com to select
the appropriate product). I don't know if paghat was thinking of that
or their construction adhesive.

You could also probably put a fiberglass patch on/under it. You may need
additional glue if the fiberglass epoxy doesn't stick.

[IMG] code is On

clay / ceramic pots in pond manzara Ponds 7 10-01-2004 07:32 PM
Sealing Clay Pots Sammy' Gardening 9 15-12-2003 07:32 PM
Repotting a Spathe Flower / Problem with clay pots Jenny Rizzo Plant Biology 4 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Clay Clay and More Clay BTInternet News United Kingdom 0 19-03-2003 09:32 PM
Repotting a Spathe Flower / Problem with clay pots Jenny Rizzo Plant Biology 4 13-03-2003 04:20 AM