Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2005, 03:27 AM
Popcorn Lover

Default Inexpensive planters???

I'm interested in building some inexpensive planters for our driveway.
I want them to be about 12' long, 2' wide and 2' tall, with open
bottoms for drainage. They don't HAVE to be square but that's probably
the easiest shape to work with?

Windsor stone is too expensive and doesn't make square planters
without a lot of extra work breaking stones in half.

Someone in another group suggested hypertufa ( a combination of
concrete, peat moss and sand or perlite ) but that looks like a hell
of a lot of work to make them that way. You have to build molds etc
and for this size the molds might cost a lot too.

I thought of making them with 8x8x16 concrete blocks which are a whole
lot less expensive but they'd be pretty ugly that way, wouldn't they?

So have any of you solved this kind of problem? How can I make my
planters inexpensively and with as little work as possible? ( I have
too many other things to do! )

--
- Popcorn Lover
If you love popcorn too, there are no popcorn groups on usenet but