Old 05-04-2005, 05:03 AM
Jack Schmidling

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Newborn Squirrels

I thought I was through with squirrels for awhile but we can't seem to get
away from them.

js

Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 AM

Great pictures. You seem like a guy who really enjoys and appreciates
the outdoors. Please keep the pictures coming.

chula

Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
longshot

What are you going to do when the babies leave? Have you found their

entrance?

wait until they are fully grown & kill them. )

Old 06-04-2005, 11:05 PM
sue and dave

Jack, don't feel badly about "messing with the nest." I've watched female
squirrels with kits/pups ( ?) and believe that Mom routinely moves them
from the whelp-nest to a new location as soon as eyes open and/or the
little ones begin vocalizing. Regardless of accidental nest discovery by
humans, moving the young before they give away their location is just sound
predation escape.

not that I've STUDIED Squirrel in the wild, thats my 2 cents FWIW.

Sue
West Bethel ME

"Jack Schmidling" wrote in message

Great pictures. You seem like a guy who really enjoys and appreciates
the outdoors.....

Been that way since a child.... catching frogs when the family went

fishing
and made me go with.

Please keep the pictures coming.

Unfortunately, we went for the weekly update today and the nest was empty.
Guess Mom didn't like us messing with her kids.

js