Old 23-04-2005, 06:19 PM
J. Davidson

Default Hibiscus Moscheutos

Does the Hibiscus Moscheutos bloom better as a tree or a shrub?
Jackie

Old 23-04-2005, 10:09 PM

Hibiscus moscheutos is neither a tree or shrub, it is an herbaceous
perennial that dies back to the ground.

toad

Old 24-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Davidson
Does the Hibiscus Moscheutos bloom better as a tree or a shrub?
Jackie
Hi Jackie,

I don't know where you live, but these die back to the ground in their northern range. You can pinch them to make them fuller and have more blooms. This should tell you all you need to know.
http://www.bachmans.com/tipsheets/Pe...dyHibiscus.cfm

Newt
__________________
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
Old 24-04-2005, 01:52 AM
J. Davidson

But does it do best in a tree form or a shrub?
Thanks,
Jackie
oups.com...

Old 24-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Travis

J. Davidson wrote:
But does it do best in a tree form or a shrub?
Thanks,
Jackie
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hibiscus moscheutos is neither a tree or shrub, it is an herbaceous
perennial that dies back to the ground.

toad

It is not a tree or a shrub. It's like a chrysanthemum in that it grows
and then dies back in the fall.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 24-04-2005, 07:42 PM
J. Davidson

Good advice, Newt. I let it be a tree last year and had very few blooms.
This year I will pinch back and make it a shrub. I hope to take this plant
to MS when we move and that will make transporting it easier too.
Thanks also to Travis.
Jackie, NC zone 7
"Travis" wrote in message
J. Davidson wrote:
But does it do best in a tree form or a shrub?
Thanks,
Jackie
oups.com...

Old 24-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Jackie,
You are very welcome. I just realized you must be growing it in the house! Good luck with your move.

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

[IMG] code is On

Yellow hibiscus 23 Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 01:05 AM
Hibiscus-2656 Maroochy Garden Photos 4 01-04-2009 01:11 AM
hibiscus bushes alicia Gardening 1 01-09-2003 04:12 PM
Hibiscus seeds TakeThisOut Gardening 2 20-03-2003 03:44 PM
Hibiscus pruning T.L.Miller Gardening 0 26-01-2003 01:54 PM