Old 02-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Brian and Michelle

Default WANTED: Peony Poppies.

Does anyone out there have any Peony Poppy seeds for sale.....
have been looking all over for The Peony Poppy Type seeds.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Vox Humana

"Brian and Michelle" wrote in message
Does anyone out there have any Peony Poppy seeds for sale.....
have been looking all over for The Peony Poppy Type seeds.

Try these links:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=31 83
http://tinyurl.com/dhlja

Old 02-05-2005, 09:10 AM
madgardener

Try Thompson and Morgan and look under Somneferum papaver. Or "breadseed
poppies" those are the kind which we use the blueish seeds on our muffins
and rolls.........and no, those at the grocery store are sterile.....or ask
someone who has grown them for decades to share some seeds. I'm sure someone
out there grows them as the beautiful flowers they are, and can send you
some when the pods set their seeds. (anyone in Australia can send some if
they have them as it's winter and the pods are dry now and can be
harvested). Love the flowers. I apparently might have gotten lucky and had
the pink peony one come up in three places, but just three plants, period.
and I'm hoping for them to survive and provide me with triple the flowers
next year. These are the kind my grandmammy grew.
good luck finding a source.
madgardener

Old 03-05-2005, 08:13 AM
presley

actually, I have successfully grown opium poppies from the spice rack poppy
seed jar. Maybe they irradiate them or something, but plenty still
germinated. However, the poppies were mostly single, and dull colored IMO-
(pinkish lavendar and such). Large single blossoms, not the desired peony
form.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:40 PM

Check out SeedsAndMore.com

They have many 'peony' style poppies and lots more. I have bought many
seeeds from them and am very satisfied. They also sell on EBay.

Shellie
Indianapolis

Old 03-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Brian and Michelle